Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day


Four day weekends are a pretty good idea, you know. I think I could do this more often. We had breakfast this morning at the Triple Decker (which is a wonderful diner around the corner from our apartment, in case you don't know). After an omelette, french toast, scrambled eggs, corned beef hash (don't ask), toast and cofee we hit the 99 cents store because that seemed to be what everyone else was doing. We bought a new (much needed) shower liner. I found some excellent $5 sunglasses at another store on the way home. Now I'm blogging and Stephen is playing some basketball game on the play station. We will be going to Ashlee's some time this afternoon to hang out and see the fireworks this evening from her rooftop. Oh, boy! Actually, I'm looking forward to being in an air conditioned space since it's pretty hot and humid here. So gross.

The other night I dreamt that I was working at the bookstore in Aspen again and someone came in with a couple of tigers. The tigers were mother and cub and were being carried in supermarket shopping bags. I guess they had been drugged because they appeared to be sleeping. I think the person with the tigers thought that the bookstore was an animal shelter. Huh? Yeah, I don't know what that's about.

Oh, and John Howard made the Arts section of the NY Times today talking about how Big Brother should be cancelled. Apparently, it's a matter of "good taste". Well, if you're going to make that argument then most television shows should be cancelled. That's why we don't have one - though Stephen was a little sad about that fact today because he wanted to watch the annual 4th of July hotdog eating contest at Coney Island. Fifty four hotdogs in 12 minutes. Ew. I feel faintly nauseated, and yet filled with patriotic fever, just thinking about it. Huh.

PS. The picture is from cuteoverload.com, which is perhaps the best website ev-urrrr.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what picture?

Cornelia said...

The picture of the hammie or whatever he is.

Anonymous said...

Hello? Another entry please?

Anonymous said...

Your dream means you want a baby, Coco. It's kind of obvious. Now isn't it time you told us what you've been up to since July 4?

Cornelia said...

I hate babies.

Anonymous said...

Because you fear them....

Cornelia said...

Aaaaaaaaahh!!