Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Yuletide greetings


Happy Christmas and all that.

We have an enormous tree called Henry in our living room. We had friends come over for a tree trimming party to decorate it with the usual popcorn and cranberry garlands. This year we also pressed everyone into making paper snowflakes since we decided that our usual gold glass baubles might prove to be a bit too tempting for the cat. She likes to eat the popcorn and chase the snowflakes across the floor. In fact, the Bit is her usual spritely self despite being spayed Monday last week. When I came home from work that day I was expecting to find her curled up on the corner of the sofa, all miserable and subdued, but no. No, the cat was as high as a kite. She was all stumbly wumbly from the anaesthetic and quite enjoying the painkillers she had been given. She climbed and fell out of the Christmas tree several times.



Our friends arrived from Albuquerque yesterday and we prepared an enormous Christmas dinner: nut roast, stuffing, baked carrots and yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, sauteed spinach and cranberry relish. I was particularly please with the gravy - if I had not made it myself I would have sworn that it had been made with meat fat. Mmmm.

Not sure what our new year's eve plans are except that it will involve a delicious dinner in the city. We'll see how it goes.

Also, some exciting news: Stephen and I will be visiting home the last two weeks in February next year. I hope we'll see you then.

No comments: