Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hello, valentines


Yes, we're back. Did you miss us? Probably didn't even notice we were gone. Sniff. Anyway, I have lots of photos and some nice video of some Tasmanian devils. I'm currently having an argument with our memory stick so I'm not sure when you'll get to see the pictures but hopefully soon.

In the meantime, let me fill you in on things we did we did before we left (I mean, apart from a whole lot of cleaning and packing). It was Valentine's Day. Stephen got a cute card, breakfast and a special playlist (see below). I got a huge, handmade card and some flowers. A woman from Florida called to talk to me about submitting her manuscript (no!) and wished me a happy Valentine's Day. That was nice. In the evening, I made heart-shaped (yes!) chicken fried tofu and steamed vegetables for dinner and then we went with Hugo and the Captain to Galapagos for their Valentine's Day show: burlesque, hot jazz, etc. We didn't like the burlesque (bad implants!) but we did like the hot jazz. If you get the chance, we do recommend seeing Michael Arenella and his Dreamland Orchestra. Much fun.

About the trip soon. Promise!


Valentine's Day playlist:

Mama Eu Quero - Carmen Miranda
Trophy - Bat For Lashes
By Chance - Sophie Ellis Bextor
For Once In My Life - Stevie Wonder
Two Heart in 3/4 Time - The Avalanches
Yes Sir, That's My Baby! - Ace Brigode and His Fourteen Virginians
Black Cherry - Goldfrapp
Aint No Sunshine - Eve Cassidy
(Your Love is Lifting Me) Higher - Jackie Wilson
Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer
I Want to Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
Crazy in Love - Beyonce
I Can't Help Myself - The Four Tops
Give You My Lovin - Mazzy Star
California Stars - Billy Bragg & Wilco
I Love That Man - Devendra Banhart
Everything Is Hotsy Totsy Now - Sanders, Joel and the Coon-Sanders Nighthawks
Aint' Misbehavin - Django Reinhardt
Cupid - Amy Winehouse
Little Bitty Pretty One - Thurston Harris & the Sharps
Uncertain Times - The Raveonettes

No comments: