
You just can't trust em. It turns out that I spoke too soon about the weather. Autumn was here and now it's flittered away again. It's in the mid 70s at the moment. Bah, humbug! I mean, I really appreciate the clear skies and sunshine but, you know, it's just too darn hot. I'm all fired up for pumpkin soup and apple pies and hearty stews and, you know, it's still goddamn salad weather. Hmph.
Anyway.
Speaking of food, we went to Dressler this week for a little dinner to celebrate the Captain's birthday. So delicious! Turns out that I've become one of those ghastly people who orders food that isn't on the menu in restaurants. The people at Dressler where very kind and made me up a fancy vegan plate, which was extremely tasty. I highly recommend their onion rings and, actually, pretty much everything else. Dee-lightful!
Halloween is almost upon us (pant! pant!) so yesterday, I went costume hunting with Lori and Kara. Kara made out the most triumphantly, purchasing a pair of large, white feathered angel wings after a couple of unsuccessful forays into flapper-dom and Wonder Woman-ville. Lori and I bought fake moustaches. I am trying to get her to wear one as part of a 1920's German cabaret drag thing, which would be amazing on her (see picture about for the general idea). I think I will wear pretty much the same thing as last year and be a witch again, which I am perfectly happy with. We'll see how it does. Anyway, none of us have any actual Halloween plans at this point so we might all end up watching Halloween specials on TV in full costume. Heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment