Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hey, there, wait a minute, Mr Postman!


Wa-a-a-aait...

Ok, peoples, your late birthday cards will be mailed tomorrow from the post office at Grand Central Station. Woo hoo!

Not much to report. It's much warmer now and everyone is enjoying it very much. Everyone is taking out their Summer clothes and seeing them with new eyes and saying to themselves, "This was my favourite thing to wear last year? Pff..." I always getting a kick out of seeing girls drag out whatever the ubiquitous trend of the previous year was before realizing that it was just that, a massive trend, and they cannot wear whatever it is for at least five years (or until everyone forgets - whichever comes first). The first year we were here it was sequined mesh slippers, then it was North African-looking beaded slippers, then it was metallic Indian sandals. These are things you can buy on the street. I'm looking forward to seeing what the big cheap shoe is this year.

Speaking of things to wear, I'll be doing a little shopping on Threadless in the next couple of days. I am not much into tshirts with designs on them (isn't that so-o 2000? but whatever) but I saw one with a really great Egyptian style design on it and now I'm obsessed. Also, I actually really like the idea behind Threadless. Pure fashion democracy. Genius.

Also, I'm obsessed with the forefoot running. I have been out to try it a couple of times. I have not had the calf pain that everyone seems to mention but it's early days yet. Now, though, I'm agonizing over whether to buy my fancy gorgeous sneakers or go with something that provides an experience more like bare feet. There was an article in NY Magazine that's been circling the internets the last few days about how shoes pretty much ruin everything. It makes sense to me. So much sense, in fact, that now I also want some other type of fancy shoe as well. The one who dies with the most shoes wins, right?

Other recent obsessions: the new Gnarls Barkley album (it's a grower) and a little chickpea salad.

No comments: