
Right about now, actually. The good news is this: I have a full time job and am getting paid to work. I'm now working as a post-production co-ordinator (or something like that) for a reality tv show about brides shopping for their wedding dresses. Of all things. It's actually really interesting and I am enjoying it. If you're interested in reading about the show or seeing a tiny clip click here. I would not have thought that I'd be interested in a show about wedding dresses but it's actually oddly compelling. I feel as though I could totally write some sort of thesis on Western/American ideas about weddings and marriage. It's certainly tempting. You would not believe how many times I've heard someone say about a wedding, 'it's every little girl's dream'. I'm kind of amazed by it, to be honest, because it has certainly never been my dream. Anyway, it's kind of a cool show and I'm really, really, really happy and grateful to have a job. None of my other friends who have been laid off recently have found new jobs yet. I'm in the process of trying to get Stephen employed. Right now he's getting paid by the NY state government to watch Hulu.com, entertain the cat and take naps. It's not actually as fun as it sounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment