So... not much going on today, really. Well, I got up early so that I could log onto the NY Department of Labor website to sign up for unemployment "benefits" and now I am watching the cat clean herself on the window ledge. Have you ever really just watched a cat groom? It's fascinating. My favourite bit is when she makes a sort of fist and licks between her front toes and combs the fur there with her teeth. She looks so tough!
Today I am going to make white beans with rosemary for lunch. Tonight I am going to make hot sauced glazed tempeh, sauteed greens and baked sweet potatoes for dinner.
Um, I guess I'll look for jobs and, hmm, think about the direction, if any, in which my work life is going and, well, try to figure something out. I'm not really sure what to do with myself but I suppose I have plenty of time to think about it. I am wondering whether or not I should take a course or classes of some kind. Anyway. We'll see.
I finally succumbed to the Facebook behemoth and signed up. Don't get me started. It seemed like a good way to keep in touch with people as potential work contacts and, also, it just looked kind of fun. It's been nice to reestablish contact with some old friends and I like being able to see what everyone is up to. I was amazed to see so many people that I have no desire at all to reconnect with. Amazing.
Monday, February 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If you don't have a job, how come you don't blog more?
Gee, I don't know, maybe because I didn't think anyone wanted to read about how depressed I was sitting home alone with nothing to do every day.
Post a Comment