Friday, February 24, 2006

Oh, happy birthday to me!


I got a birthday phone call at 5 o'clock this morning, which, I must admit, I was not very gracious about. Stephen made me a very nice breakfast of French toast with maple syrup, raspberries and banana. He even bought some lovely loaf of bread from Balthazar especially. Delightful, delightful. There were presents, too: a red pen with white spots, a red and white striped shirt and some beautiful jeans (because I insist on complaining about how terribly the jeans I have now fit whenever I put them on but will never go out a buy some new ones). I'm wearing the shirt today with my Valentine's Day shoes and am feeling very fancy.

Last night we bought a bed. Oh my. It's being delivered tomorrow and I'm very excited. I'm very much looking forward to the wonderful night's sleep I will have tomorrow night. We've been sleeping on a terrible old futon for the last few years ans would probably have kept sleeping on it for the next few were it not for the fact that my parents are coming the week after next and are staying with us. If they had to sleep on that futon I would never hear the end of it. Anyway, we're unbelievably lazy so it's nice to be motivated to finally get something done for a change.

There is no L train this weekend. As usual.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDY

!

I mean "birthday!"

Snail mail is afoot!

"Autumn crabtree" - how cute!

Anonymous said...

Oops - I mean to make up a url and it was real - it is an online gallery service...

I just found this: http://viscopy.me.com.au/details.php?imageNo=9547910

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Cor!

Sorry that this message is ridiculously late, but, you know, what doesn't kill us, and all that.

N.G.

PS - Why don't you ever come back to Melbourne? It's very dull without your parties. And I'd quite like some sake.