
Yesterday was Presidents' Day so I had the day off, which was nice, except that it wasn't because the day was frequently unpleasant, usually for no real reason I could put my finger on. People were just being weird, I guess. We went to brunch, waited ages and ages for our food. We went to a funny little jewelry store on the Lower East Side. I bought myself a necklace with a dice on it that says "Thunderbird Hotel" and a pair of bakelite earrings even though the shop started to give me the creeps.
Well, blah blah blah there was a little more shopping and more eating and it all ended with chocolate chip cookies and red wine, which is about as good a combination as you might expect.
My parents will be here in two weeks. I'm very excited. I really have to do something about the apartment, though. Urr...
No comments:
Post a Comment