
Today I on a special trip to the Whole Foods at Columbus Circle to try to track down a Field Road Celebration Loaf for Thanksgiving dinner. My heart sank* when I got to the refrigerated section and saw a blank space above the little price sign that said "Celebration Loaf". A gentleman with tattooed arms and unusual skin who was working in the dairy section offered to set one aside for me when a new shipment arrived the next day. I was distinctly not thrilled at the prospect of going back there, tomorrow, though - it's kind of a hike. Anyway, I said yes BUT then found some Celebration Loaves in another part of the store and cancelled my reserve. Hurrah! Anyway, I was then feeling so chuffed about successfully bagging my prey that I proceeded to purchase all manner of indulgences: Spanish cocktail nut mix, a tin of golden syrup (hello, Anzac biscuits!), a pocketsize tin of healing Badger Balm, Late July Ritz style crackers, and a copy of "Feline Wellness" magazine. Lovely.
Bitsy is outraged that she has not yet been fed and is giving me the saucer eyes. Sigh.
* Translation: I was filled with rage and loathing.
No comments:
Post a Comment