Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Patriots' Day, citizens


It was Sam's birthday on Saturday and Sal's on Sunday but, alas, there was no blogging so today I sing:

Happy birthday to yous!
Happy birthday to yous!
Happy birthday Sam and Sa-al!
Happy birthday to yous!

Hip hip hooray!

On Saturday I went with the Captain and the first mate to the Museum of Television & Radio, which was weird but also wonderful, and saw a Miss Piggy Muppet special, an episode of Get Smart and a little each of Scooby Doo (still funny) and H.R. Pufnstuf (terrifying). Oh, boy! After that we had lunch at a very tasty Indian place in Queens. It was a revelation - I always avoid Queens and it turns out that not only is it full of wonderful things but it's also just up the street. Amazing.

Sunday was very quiet and I caught up on some sleep, which is, I know, very boring. I tried to do laundry but it was Easter Sunday and nothing was open. Grr. No towels, no underpants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your birthday wishes, we both had lovely days, and Sam is getting MARRIED in less than a week. YIPPEE!

Cornelia said...

Oh, yes I know. Neither of you will get birthday presents in time and Sam won't be getting her wedding present on time either. I don't expect that you're too crushed or surprised to hear that. I'll get it together eventually.