Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spirited internet shopping


We had nice day last Sunday: fresh bagels and fake bacon and eggs with the newspaper. In the afternoon we went on a double date with the Captain and her new Cuban Boyfriend. We went to see Night Watch, which I enjoyed enormously and would recommend to most people (except small children and my mother, who would not like the violence and gore but would probably like the rest of it.) It's a bit thin on substance but, you know, it's so gorgeous and fun and stuffed full with special effects that I didn't mind a bit. I am eagerly awaiting the sequel, Day Watch, which is supposed to come out here later this year. Oh, boy! Anyway, after the film we took the young lovers to Florenzia 13, which was very tasty as usual. One day, I promise, I will go there and have something other than the fish tacos. Perhaps a fish burrito. The Captain and I decided this afternoon, with great glee, that the long-haired unicorn is the boyf's spirit animal. Lovely.

I am very excited because I just placed an order with FreshDirect, which I have never done before. If all goes according to plan I will recieve some two or three boxes of delicious food, delivered right to my door. I cannot even tell you how excited I am. I have ordered all kinds of good things: enoki mushrooms, avocados, fake meat corndogs (i.e. dagwood dogs), pecan and raisin rolls, organic bananas, apple cider and a bunch of other good things. I'm not sure how I'll be able to wait until tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Young lovers. Aw. You make me feel so fresh and new.

Cornelia said...

Like a new penny.

Well, it is Spring, after all.