
Thanks to this article I discovered the other day that there is an Australian cafe a mere couple of blocks from my work. Now, as you know, I am not interested in going to places in New York to hang out with other Australians but I have relatively recently become obsessed with lamingtons. I would like to make them but, to be honest, I can't be arsed. I don't really want to make them - I want to eat them. I was very excited, then, to see that Tuck Shop on W 49th Street sells, amongst other things, lamingtons. I had a tasty veggie pie for lunch and bought a Violet Crumble for Stephen (who is very fond of them) and a lamington for afternoon tea. Dee-lightful. I was slightly disturbed, however, by the fact that the gentlemen who sold me my treats was English. When I called the Violet Crumble a Crunchie by mistake he told me "the Aussies" wouldn't like to hear me call it that. Urr... ok. I won't tell them if you won't.
1 comment:
I saw the same article and was about to trot up there to get you some lammy lams. You beat me to the punch, per usual.
Post a Comment