
Yesterday I took the day off and went with the gang to the baseball. It was lovely and amazing. We had warm, sunny weather (though a bit windy). I like baseball. It's one of the few sports that I can watch and understand what's going on and what they're doing and what the point is. Our team (the Mets) lost but there was a couple of exciting moments where it looked like they could do it. Oh well.
After the game, which, apparently, was unusually short, we went to McCarren park and played bocce. It was very civilized and fun. When we got hungry we went to Relish for dinner and then afterwards went back to the park for more bocce in the park. Pretty much everyone was toasted by this stage. I have put some photos on Flickr. On the way home I forced Stephen into the photobooth at Enid's for some black and white hilarity and those pictures are on Flickr too. It was a wonderful day in New York.
I would write some more things about the baseball and stuff but I have a stomach ache and I want to go home. Because I care for you very deeply, though, I am including this news article for your edification and enjoyment.
(That picture is a postcard from Ruth, by the way)
2 comments:
I love basball too. Hope your tummy is better.
I will go to the baseball with any of you who want to go.
Post a Comment