Tuesday, December 13, 2005

If it doesn't hurt to breathe then it's not cold

Some people have been posting comments on the blog, which is awfully nice of them. Alas, they are all using the name "anonymous" and getting offended when I can't tell who they are. Oh, silly silly me. Someone mentioned that they couldn't put their name in without signing up for things but that's not true. When you click on "comments" and the window pops up, about two thirds of the way down on the lefthand side you'll see that it says "Choose an identity". There are three options: blogger, other and anonymous. Click on the little circle next to "other" and then you can type in whatever name you feel like using. It's quite marvelous.

Last night I had a Christmas Experience. I curled up on the sofa with some rum-spiked egg nog and It's a Wonderful Life. I can see why it's a classic. I can see why Stephen likes it. I, however, was distracted by Jimmy Stewart's perpetual hysteria and gratuitously bad attitude and sat there shouting at the television for what seemed like the entire last third of the film. Stephen claims not to have noticed that I was doing this. I think I will like it more if I see it again.

It is colder here today than it has been since last Winter and people are complaining, of course. It's -5C at the moment. It's a Wonderful Life was filmed in the middle of a Summer heatwave so I think everyone should just get over it and shut up about the weather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An even easier approach would be to include one's identity as part of the comment.
Da

Cornelia said...

Yes, indeed.