
Yesterday, I went to the Prospect Park Zoo with Jennifer and it was very nice. You can see some photos here if you like. They're pretty much all of animals. We went to the zoo because we read that you could make edible presents for the animals and then see the animals tearing into them. This sounded too good to be true and it kind of was. I made a present for the meerkats: a brown paper bag with a ball of newspaper and a bunch of live crickets inside and the message "HAPPY YULE, MEERKAT FRIENDS" on the outside in orange texta. Did you know that live crickets are warm and stinky? Well, they are. I'm glad they gave me gloves to wear when I was transferring the crickets from the main bag to my bag.
Well, then we looked at some other animals and waited for them to give the meerkats their presents. Eventually, they fed them but they didn't seem to be bags of crickets we had prepared, which was disappointing, but, you know, meerkats are so goddamn charming that I can watch them do pretty much anything and be happy. They're very funny.
2 comments:
What a coincidence! Just last Saturday I had a beer at the Meercat Cross Hotel near the Vic Market...
There is a place in the world called "Meercat Cross Hotel"? Oh my god. Jabbots, are you reading this? We must go there.
Post a Comment