Monday, January 09, 2006

Dear caring American...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cor, I had a very funny dream last night and you were in it.

I was out at Wilson's prom and we were going to go camping. I bumped into you, and asked if you were coming camping with us, and you said "no, I just like to go into the bush and have a picnic".

I said, "but where do you sleep?" and you said, "oh no, I just wander around and look at birds and wild animals and things. I don't like camping."

and then you made a face.

I can't remember the rest of it but it was a really good dream. I'm getting lots of great dreams at the moment - from being on holiday and travelling. Sleeping in different places makes me dream better.

We've just come back from lots of camping and travelling up the coast from melbourne to sydney, so I think my brain is still in camping mode.

We saw great big goannas - doing their lovely cowboy/goanna walk and tasting the air with each fork of their tongue.

And a black snake, which was swimming in the same river as us, but about 10 metres downstream! At first I just saw its head sticking out of the water as it swam and I thought it was a duck or a cormorant, but then rima said, noooooo - that is a snake!

And lots of kangaroos and wallabies, but they are BORING. I'm sure there were wombats too at one campsite, but we didn't have any close encounters. Unlike when we went camping in Tassie, when the wombat decided to sit on the tent (and, inadvertently, our heads) in the middle of the night. Very endearing.

Thank you for your christmas card - lovely!! I'm even too late for new year with my cards this year - I'll have to make them happy early february cards... Shrove Tuesday perhaps?

take care love h

Cornelia said...

Well, now, I don't like camping but I am awfully fond of picnics.

Anonymous said...

see - I am clearly a psychic! No one could have guessed that about you.