Saturday, January 07, 2006

How sad I am today


I'm feeling kind of sad because I just found out that my old boss (from the bookstore in Aspen) died last night. She wasn't that old (70) and her illness wasn't exactly sudden but it's still a bit of a shock. I'm sad because she was always so good to me - I had the best job in the world at that store and she kept giving me more work and making it better.

I was thinking about going back for the funeral but apparently it's going to be a very quiet, family affair. I'll save my $400 and just think good things about her in NYC (she loved NYC so I know she'd appreciate that at least a little). I'm worried about what's going to happen to the store. I don't think any of her family is really interested in maintaining the business. I mean, there is no money in selling books and you can only have an independent bookstore if you're independently wealthy (which she was). I'm keeping my fingers and toes and everything else crossed that it stays open. I would ask you, who have never seen it or been there before, to do the same. You would like that store. Thank you. We'll see what happens. Finger crossed!

No comments: