After lunch I went to Buffalo Exchange because I love it and even though there is now one on my street the Denver store always has something fabulous. This time the fabulous something was a pair of tigerprint ponyskin flats with lime green patent leather trim. Brilliant.
I met up with Uncle Stan and on the way home took a little trip to the supermarket. A real supermarket! With stuff! Endless stuff! Avocados were $1 a piece - I brought some home for Stephen (what a souvenir). We had dinner at a nice organic restaurant in Boulder and talked about hypnosis, amongst other things.
On Saturday, Link and I drove up to Aspen for Katharine's memorial. It was very nice. The speeches were lovely and everyone, amazingly, managed to keep it together (though the same can't be said for those in the audience). I'm glad I went. It was wonderful to see my former co-workers if only for a little bit and under sad circumstances. There was lots of hugging which, to be honest and this will surprise you, was quite nice. The only downside was that a photographer at the service was trying to hit on me. He was apparently unperterbed by the fact that a) he was old enough to be my father and b) i was attending a memorial service. What a guy.
On Sunday Unlce Stan and I had a nice little outing to Cherry Creek where we had portobello mushroom burgers and went to toyshops and furniture stores. We also spent part of the morning sniffing around some antique stores. Well, I did the sniffing and Uncle Stan wandered around with me with remarkable patience and benevolence. I found green glass earrings, nice antique photos and a cute, oldey timey device called a "rotometer". Nice.
The flight to LaGuardia was rather uneventful, though the cab ride home was little hairy. Got home at 12:30am. Tired today.
I didn't take any photos but here is a picture of Glenwood Canyon. It's on the way to Aspen. Imagine it with snow:
No comments:
Post a Comment